Aura IT Consulting is looking for an energetic, strong Cloud and System Administrator to join our team. The position of System Admin (CSA) is responsible to oversee, install and maintain the Aura’s client system hardware, software and related infrastructure components.
The CSA will provide clients with technical expertise pertaining to networking, virtualization and cloud solutions. The CSA will participate in activities including Technical sales project scoping, installation and configuration of servers and networking equipment, general maintenance of network and servers as well as new and ongoing documentation regarding the environments supported.
- Cloud and On-Premise Systems Administration
- Manage and administer networking equipment including onsite Firewalls, Switches and Routers of various manufacturers
- Install new/rebuild existing servers (physical and virtual), configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring of client environments, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted clients
- Apply firmware updates to network equipment (Switches and Firewalls)
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Add and configure new services as necessary
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports Client infrastructure or product applications per project or operational needs
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain client server environmental and monitoring equipment
Professional Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to function independently and produce results that meet standards of quality, timeliness and acceptability.
- Strong customer service skills to effectively interact with business groups.
- Strong analytical skills in making the appropriate business and technical decisions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with other IT professionals and our business partners.
- Proficient in documenting technical processes and procedures
- Proven ability to multitask and effectively balance priorities
- Ability to support customers remotely is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required.
- Excellent follow up and customer service skills
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Experience with Windows Server and Enterprise server management techniques (WSUS, Configuration manager)
- Experience with Firewall and Switch Management and configuration
- Experience with Networking and Telecommunication protocols
- Experience with Office365, Lync/Skype for Business
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintain, troubleshooting and various operational environments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write clear instructions, document processes and communicate effectively in writing
- Effective interpersonal, leadership and customer service skills including consensus building and facilitation skills